Monday 27 January 2014

Spiderman in Metal

That's the answer to yesterday's question... or at least that's what I made. 
here is the picture I started with, courtesy of Google images.


I flipped it over so it was back to front and taped it to the piece of soft copper sheeting with a magazine under it so the pressing of the tool could sink into the magazine to give a better impression.

 

Rather than using the embossing tool (a metal ball ended top to a a plastic handle) i used a Bic Biro. I find that really smooth and easy to control. I traced over the picture from top to bottom and left to right.
The finished sheet is de-bossed (pressed in)where I have drawn...


and embossed on the other side (raised). The weird thing is I got so used to the back to front pic while I was drawing that the right way round one seemed odd!
Here it is...


  and again with seriously funked-up lighting


and lastly in its frame ready to be given to one of the hardest working, concientious (and spiderman obsessed) young youth leaders I know.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment