Sunday 1 January 2017

Pompom Christmas Tree


I have always made pompoms with two pieces of cardboard cut into doughnut shapes and wrapped the wool round and round, passing it through the middle hole every time. I didn't believe a new plastic design could make it easier and faster but here it it is...


from Hobbycraft, and it DOES!


Usually a pompom takes about an hour but I made all 4 with this kit in the same time: small one first then keeping the same wool I used to tie the small one, I tied the next size and the next until they were all fixed together.


I have seen a similar one where someone suggested using wire instead of wool and I can see the benefits of that as this can be a little wobbly. I glued it to an old wooden cotton reel. 

I may have another go as next Christmas approaches, using some more vibrant and non-green colours and attaching them to miniature flowerpots I have tucked away somewhere waiting for their time to shine.

That gives me nearly a year to find them among my craft stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment