Monday 7 August 2017

Little Wild Girls and Driftwood Crafts

Before I went on holiday, I had a clear-out of my craft stuff, desperate to find some bits I could take away with me as a holiday craft project. I hadn't crafted in so long - Life (mostly other people's) had taken over and I couldn't remember the last time I'd had a good, soul- restoring craft time.

Amongst the many, many boxes and tubs of intended stuff, I found little bead heads I'd made when I was into making Kokeshi dolls out of an old beaded car seat       http://socklet-world.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/from-car-seat-cover-to-kokeshi.html   .



This is what I made and took - painted bead heads, wire bodies and arms and feet coated a few times with pale pink nail varnish so they were thicker, less wire-like and no longer sharp on the ends. To this I added little pieces of fabric and felt, needles and thread and a fully-loaded hot glue gun.


first they were dressed and then, after a few trips to the beach for little pieces of driftwood. they got their boats and scenery...




Windy conditions on the seafront are not conducive to photography but I managed to snap these and grab the girls before they were blown off the breakwater into the sea.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment